Thursday 29 May 2008

Welcome to my portfolio blog.
This site is designed to illustrate the work
I have been involved with over the last eight years.

For five years I worked for an 80 page newspaper working
as a Graphic Designer / Typesetter.
With the recession I became involved in a new publication of which I am the sole producer. I am responsible for the layout and design while working closely with
the editor, reps, clients and writers to ensure all content is received, edited and placed in time to meet printer deadlines and maintain consistency and quality throughout.

In this role I designed the whole publication from scratch; ranging from typefaces, mastheads, colour profiles, page sizes, guides, advert sizes and printer specifications to produce this full colour publication. This publication has doubled in size in three months and continues to grow into a very succesful and popular publication.
www.thereader.es

I also worked alongside the art director for a well established design agency from the UK, called Creativa with which I have included my skills and experience to increase their portfolio.

My written CV can be found at the bottom of this page

Photo´s: Here is a collection of photo's I have taken over the years.

They are in no particular theme or genre, but please take five minutes
to browse through them.
They were nearly all shot with a Minolta X-300S, a few were shot
with a Nikon F-55. More recent photo´s were shot with a Nikon D3000.
All of these photo´s are original images - no Photoshop here!
Please click on the link to the right to see Photo Slideshow

Post Process Photo´s: I have added this link since buying a new
camera
(at long last) to show my computer edited images
from my original RAW
images. I don´t think you can call them
HDR photo´s, because not all are
combinations of
bracketed´photo´s. I am, however, able to make double

exposures on the camera and blend and edit on the camera itself.
Any post processing is done using Adobe Photoshop Lightroom.
Please click on the link to the right to see Post Process Photo Slideshow

Layouts: All of these page layouts were produced for the newspapers with which I have worked.
They were all printed at A3 and put together with QuarkXPress.

Please click on the link to the right to see Layout Slideshow

Designs: Some of these were made for the newspaper for which
I worked, some were made for private clients.
I have also included some college stuff & random doodles...
I used Photoshop, Illustrator, CorelDraw and QuarkXPress for these designs.
Please click on the link to the right to see Design Slideshow

I aspire to increase my portfolio with new material and new ideas all the time.
I hope you like what you see as you navigate through my portfolio...


Any comments, criticisms or whatever, email me: zootsoot1@gmail.com

No comments: